NRGene Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of NRGene Ltd., a publicly traded Israeli company (TASE:NRGN). NRGene’s mission is to develop better crops for agriculture by applying the most advanced genomic analysis technology to accelerate natural breeding (non-GMO). NRGene Canada is based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, where it operates as an R&D center applying NRGene’s technology towards applications such as genotyping and the development of new traits in canola plants and other organisms.
About this position:
We seek a highly motivated Human Resources Assistant to carry out administrative duties, support recruitment efforts, record maintenance for payroll processing, as well as provide clerical support to management. The HRA will also assist in other aspects of the growing operations of NRGene Canada. The HRA will report to the General Manager/Vice President of Human Resources and will play a key role in developing the personnel and work culture of NRGene Canada. The successful applicant will be a team player with a dynamic personality able to work within a global multicultural team.
* This is an on-site position in Saskatoon, Canada and is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and those with Canadian work permit holders. Applicants with work permit holders must include a copy of the permit in the application.
* NRGene Canada is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace.
- Create and lead the HR strategy under the supervision of the VP of Human Resources and work closely with the NRGene Canada General Manager to identify priorities.
- Support the organization’s growth by developing a talent acquisition plan, leading the hiring process, and the onboarding process to welcome and integrate new employees in terms of their career, personal development, and performance.
- Assist the VP of Human Resources in employee engagement and retention, monitoring employee performance, workforce planning, promotions and advancement, and terminations.
- Develop and implement creative initiatives to enhance employee satisfaction and corporate culture.
- Develop a data-driven, metrics-based approach to assess company success and gaps in employee performance, culture, and engagement.
- Assist management in creating ad-hoc initiatives such as hackathons, meet-ups, and an “NRGENE academy”.
- Assist the VP of Human Resources in providing guidance to senior staff through coaching and mentoring.
- Communicate with the public as needed and handle complaints and grievance procedures.
The preferred applicant would have the following qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources or business management. A Master’s degree in an appropriate field would be an advantage.
- Proven experience as a Human Resources Manager, Staff Assistant or another relevant Human Resources/administrative position.
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems or Human Resources Management Systems.
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of various Saskatchewan/Canada employment laws and practices.
- Excellent organizational and strong communications skills.
- Eager to learn and self-motivated.
- Team player who can also work independently.
If you want to join a top-notch company and are looking for an interesting and challenging position,
please send your CV to [email protected]