NRGene develops and commercializes cutting edge genomics big data analysis tools which are reshaping agriculture worldwide. Our unique team of highly experienced computational biologists, algorithm designers and software developers, creates novel solutions to help feed the world in the upcoming years. NRGene’s products are already being used by several leading ag, food and beverages companies and academia. Our pioneering software tools are designed to harness and analyze the massive amounts of data produced by Next Generation Sequencing technologies in a cloud-based affordable, scalable, and precise manner.
General Job Description:
The bioinformatician will be a team member of the Genomics Analysis Services (GAS) team under the supervision of Vice President of GAS and will report directly to one of the project managers. He will take an active part in all GAS activities. A major part of this role will be devoted to the development of tools related to computational breeding workflow. This position requires extensive familiarity with programming, data analysis and data harvesting. Knowledge in plants biology/genetics is a significant advantage.
The GAS team is the production “special forces” unit in NRGene, furthering the development and utilization of NRGene’s genomic analysis tools to resolve significant challenges for our clients. As a bioinformatician you will play a significant role in “making this all happen” – you will collaborate with GAS project managers to accelerate problem solutions and provide customers with high quality data analysis results.
Duties and Responsibilities (may include but not limited)
- Design and implement computational tools for genomic data analysis and computational breeding.
- Perform and execute NRgene’s analysis tools to solve scientific questions provided by customers.
- MSc in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or related fields.
- Coding – mainly R, Python & bash scripts.
- Experience with NGS data analysis & population genomics (advantage).
- Excellent communication skills to interface with internal teams.
- Fast learner, creative and able to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Experience in Unix and cloud environments.
- Excellent English skills (speaking and writing).
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
If you want to work with the best, and see yourself fit for the job, please apply here or send your CV to: [email protected]
* This job is open for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only.
NRGene Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to create an inclusive workplace, we will evaluate qualification of applicants without any discrimination. This job is open for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only.