About the Company:
The bioinformatic Specialist will be a part of the Integration Team which is responsible for the implementation of NRGene’s product at the customers site and support them along the way. The bioinformatic specialist will be responsible for the delivery of high quality service & solutions to our growing global customer base and provide product training held on-site of the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic changing environment and multitask.
- Build and provide product training held on-site of the customer.
- Ability to travel to different regions in the world.
- Lead technological discussions with customers and understand their needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- MSc/PhD in Bioinformatics/computational biology
- Experience with genomics analysis (in the field of plant genomics – major advantage)
- Experience with NGS data analysis
- Experience in Unix environment and coding
- Relevant industrial experience in the field of computational biology/bioinformatics is a major advantage
- Experience with HPC and cloud environment – an advantage
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Great communication skills. Superior interdisciplinary communication and listening skills to interface with customers.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Fast learner, creative and able to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Excellent English skills (speaking and writing)
Travel time: 30-50%
Reports to: GM North America
Location: San Diego CA