About the Company:
NRGene Canada is NRGene’s subsidiary in Saskatoon, Canada. NRGene develops and commercializes cutting-edge AI based genomic tools that are reshaping agriculture and livestock worldwide. Our cloud-based software solutions are designed to analyze big data generated by next generation sequencing technologies in an affordable, scalable and precise manner. By applying our vast proprietary databases and AI-based technologies, we provide leading international agriculture, seed and food companies with computational tools to optimize and accelerate their breeding programs.
The breeder will develop canola lines with unique traits to improve biotic and abiotic stress tolerance as well as grain quality and yield. The breeder is expected to develop new methods for selection and trait detection. As part of the role , he will plan trials, collect information and analyze. The breeder will work in collaboration with computational genomic experts and technicians.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting up and execute breeding program with breeding software
- Develop breeding strategies to discover and improve traits using cutting edge genomic tools
- Plan and execute work plans: crosses and field trials, as well as winter nursery in GH and abroad
- Manage genebanks and seeds libraries
- Manage phenotype collection
- Work in cutting edge breeding technology environment
- Manage breeding team of technicians and casual workers
- Ph.D. degree in Plant sciences / genetics.
- Above three years of experience Brassica breeding
- Advantage to previous experience in canola industry
- Genomic selection, Double Haploids technology, MAS
- Team leader and management skills
- High technical capabilities
- Experience in using breeding software
Reports to: Breeding Director
Regulation: Legal working permit for Canada
*This job is open for Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and legal work permit holders of Canada only (No exceptions) * NRGene Canada is an equal opportunity employer, committed to create an inclusive workplace. We will evaluate qualification of applicants without any discrimination.
If you want to work with the best, and see yourself fit for the job, please apply here or send your CV to: [email protected]