NRGene is a Genomics company that provides turn-key solutions to leading breeding companies. Using advanced algorithmics and extensive proprietary databases, we empower breeders to reach their full potential by achieving stronger and more productive yields in record time. NRGene’s tools have already been implemented by some of the leading agribiotech companies worldwide, as well as the most influential research teams in academia.
As a Computational Biology Researcher, you will play a significant role in “making this all happen” – you will be given the opportunity and responsibility – to research, develop, test and incorporate technologies into actual projects. This position is of a member of the Genomic Analysis Services (GAS) team. The GAS team is the production of “special forces” the company, which utilize NRGene’s genomic analysis tools and creativity to resolve significant challenges for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Employ NRGene’s technology to deliver high-quality service & solutions to our growing global customer base.
Research new & existing technologies to enable better performance in existing and future projects.
Manage and coordinate technology-based projects end to end (R&D to Customer)
Education and Experience
- MSc in Bioinformatics/computational biology – a must
- Experience with genomics analysis – a must
- Experience with NGS data analysis & denovo assembly – a must
- Experience in Unix environment – a must
- Relevant industrial experience in the field of computational biology/bioinformatics – an advantage
- Familiar with HPC and cloud environment – an advantage
- Deep understanding of sequencing technologies – an advantage
Skills & Knowledge
- Fast learner, creative and able to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Teaching skills
- Managerial skill is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player
- Excellent English skills (speaking and writing)