About the Company
NRGene is a Genomics company that provides turn-key solutions to leading breeding companies. Using advanced algorithmics and extensive proprietary databases, we empower breeders to reach their full potential by achieving stronger and more productive yields in record time. NRGene’s tools have already been implemented by some of the leading agribiotech companies worldwide, as well as the most influential research teams in academia.
We are looking for an excellent computational biology developer, for a multidisciplinary team of software and algorithm developers, focused on developing cutting-edge technologies for accurate, novel, and scalable genomic analyses. Join us and face the challenges of variable and unpredictable genetic diversity, molecular evolution, big-data analysis of genomic data, and uncovering the genetic features which contribute to important agricultural traits. Write code that will be used around the world to help our customers develop the next super-breed of Wheat, Rice, Corn and may affect the world’s food production capacity.
- BSc/MSc/Ph.D. in Computational Biology / Computer Science + Biology
- Strong Object-Oriented programming skills, preferably Java/Scala
- Data-analysis experience in python / R
- Solid fundamentals of computational biology algorithms, machine learning, and statistics
Knowledge of the following is an advantage
- Cloud technologies
- Modern development environment (source control, continuous builds, unit testing)
- Sequencing analysis (variant-calling, GWAS, QTL)
- Creative and Independent thinker
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communications
- Fluent English