About the Company:
NRGene develops and commercializes cutting edge genomics big data analysis tools which are reshaping agriculture worldwide. Our unique team of highly experienced computational biologists, algorithm designers and software developers, creates novel solutions to help feed the world in the upcoming years. NRGene’s products are already being used by several leading ag, food and beverages companies and academia. Our pioneering software tools are designed to harness and analyze the massive amounts of data produced by Next Generation Sequencing technologies in a cloud-based affordable, scalable, and precise manner.
In today’s digital world, creating a quality content is a top goal and a pivotal role of the company’s marketing. Therefore, we are looking for a Content Writer with a strong Life science background to join our Marketing team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides and marketing copy. In addition, part of this position will be allocated for the Grants writing.
The content writer will be taking responsibility for managing, writing and editing marketing materials, while maintaining style and format consistency across all projects and communicating with other team members to create the best content possible. Ultimately, he’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
In addition, he will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process and management of proposals.
We are looking for a team player with a dynamic personality able to work within a global multicultural team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Prepare well-structured drafts, submit work to editors for input and approval
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Research and work with other teams to compile all required technical data and financials
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
Skills and Experience
- M.Sc. or PhD in Genetics/Biotechnology or another relevant field
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Clear, precise and compelling writing and editing skills in English
- Strong organizational skills to set priorities and manage time
- Ability to take constructive criticism and change direction when needed
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you want to work with the best, and see yourself fit for the job, please apply here or send your CV to: [email protected]
* This job is open for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only.
NRGene Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to create an inclusive workplace, we will evaluate qualification of applicants without any discrimination. This job is open for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only.