About the Company:
NRGene is a Genomic analytics company that provides turn-key solutions to leading academia, research institutes & agribiotech companies. Using advanced algorithmics and extensive proprietary databases, we empower breeders to reach their full potential by achieving stronger and more productive yields in record time. NRGene’s tools have already been adopted by some of the leading agribiotech companies worldwide, as well as the most influential research teams in academia.
NRGene Canada has part-time opening for Covid Antigen Testing Specialists to join our team:As a Covid Testing Specialist, you will be an integral member of our NRGene team. The goal of this role is to optimize procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results to keep our community safe.
Specific responsibilities include:
The duties will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare the testing facility each day, schedule appointments by telephone, email, and in-person
- Answer incoming calls, manage appointments, collect, receive, label, and analyze samples
- Organize and store all kits substances, buffer, and samples according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms with accuracy and responsibility
- Participate in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary
- Comply with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area
- Understand and comply with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws, and company policies
- Adheres to quality assurance procedures
- All safety guidelines must be strictly followed at all times
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Professionally represent NRGene Canada
- Provide exceptional service to all clients
- During the non-peak hour ready to engaged in other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Covid testing and lab experience preferred but not required
- Occupational Health Testing experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid driver’s license and criminal record clearance
- Client facing customer service experience is required
- Outgoing and friendly personality with strong communication skills
- Organized and capable of prioritizing tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Proficient with computers, MS Office, and web-based applications
- Comfortable wearing mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE – mask, gloves, goggles, lab coats disposable)