NRGene’s DevOps engineers play a critical role in building NRGene’s cloud-based platforms. Your responsibilities will range from defining cloud-based infrastructure to highly scalable distributed cluster-computing; from orchestration frameworks and container technologies, security and networking to improvements to our development-cycle. The role requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in a broad range of areas and technologies including CI/CD, cloud services (AWS), infrastructure as code, databases – both SQL and nonSQL, networking, OS (Linux) and much more.
About the Company:
NRGene is a genomics company that provides turn-key solutions to leading breeding, foodtech and biotech companies. Using advanced algorithms and extensive proprietary databases, we empower our users to reach their full potential with their crops of choice be it bigger yields per acre, healthier products, smaller environmental footprint or faster time-to-market. NRGene’s tools are already used extensively by some of the biggest leading agri biotech companies worldwide, as well as by some of the most influential research teams in academia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and build NRGene’s computational infrastructure.
- Define and implement core technologies and frameworks.
- Develop basic methodologies for building, deploying, monitoring and evolving our infrastructure and products.
- Help in assessing and introducing new technologies, tools, and services.
- Serve as security gate keepers.
- Collaborate closely with other team members in the R&D and help bring innovative ideas to life, at scale.
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on DevOps engineering experience – a must.
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud services (EKS, API gateways, load balancers, identity providers, container services, orchestration frameworks) and provisioning code (Terraform).
- Experience with networking and system administration – an advantage.
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Kaniko).
- Actual experience in writing scripts in various languages (Python, Bash).
- Experience with Modern CI/CD tools and methods (Jenkins, Github actions, Argo).
- Experience with cloud security best practices, including: authentication and networking – an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- An ability to work closely with a team of interdisciplinary members to troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communications.
- Self motivated and independent worker.
- Fluent English
Location: Israel (Rehovot)
Reports to: R&D Platform Manager