As part of the R&D team, our DevOps engineers play a critical role in building NRGene’s web-based platforms. Their responsibilities range from cloud-based infrastructure to distributed cluster computing, orchestration frameworks, containers, security, or improvements to our dev-cycle. The role requires in-depth knowledge and experience in web servers, cloud services (AWS), infrastructure as code, databases and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and build NRGene’s computational infrastructure.
- Define and implement core technologies and frameworks
- Develop basic methodologies for building, deploying, monitoring and evolving our infrastructure and products
- Help in assessing and introducing new technologies, tools, and services.
- Collaborate closely with other team members of the R&D and help bring innovative ideas to life, at scale.
Education and Experience
- 4+ years of hands-on software engineering experience – a must
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure (gateways, load balancers, identity providers, container services, orchestration frameworks) and provisioning code (Terraform).
- Experience in writing scripts in various languages (Python, Bash, Groovy)
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Modern CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with monitoring, log aggregation and alerting systems.
- Experience with security, authentication and networking – an advantage.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases (Redshift/PostgreSQL, RDS/MySQL, DynamoDB).
- Experience with distributed computation frameworks (Hadoop, Spark) – an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- An ability to work closely with a team of interdisciplinary members to troubleshoot issues.
- An ability to work well under tight time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communications.
- Fluent English
Reports to: Platform Team Leade
Location: Israel Rehovot