About the Company:
NRGene is a Genomic analytics company that provides turn-key solutions to leading academia, research institutes & agribiotech companies. Using advanced algorithmics and extensive proprietary databases, we empower breeders to reach their full potential by achieving stronger and more productive yields in record time. NRGene’s tools have already been adopted by some of the leading agribiotech companies worldwide, as well as the most influential research teams in academia.
The Business Development Manager position will report to NRGene’s Chief Strategy Officer and work closely with all NRGene internal teams to grow it’s capabilities and drive business growth. Qualified candidates will have outstanding analytical, communication, leadership, and organization skills. The Business Development Manager must be able to solve complex business problems, demonstrate success in market and data research, identify growth opportunities, work in team-oriented environments, and interact frequently with senior level executives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and provide vital market data, including territory opportunities, market vertical opportunities, and global key account information.
- Use market research data to identify growth opportunities, including potential new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, and products.
- Research and provide vital market data to drive global territory installation growth and recommend services to be provided from these facilities to contribute unique, added value products and services to our customer base.
- Drive our growth portfolio, working with leaders across the company to develop, propose, and manage growth projects, establishing links between different functions to ensure focus is incorporated into existing workflows.
- Keep abreast of emerging models in genomics delivery and technological innovations in order to guide technical and informatics research and development activities that are consistent with strategic objectives.
- Identify and develop collaborative business development opportunities within the genomics sector to promote NRGene’s brand as a state-of-the-art genomics company.
- Identify partnership and acquisition opportunities that complement NRGene’s organic growth.
- Proactively cultivate business development and partnership relationships.
- Develop deal structures, lead negotiations, and close transactions.
- Represent and promote the interests of NRGene and its personnel by serving as a collaborative liaison with professional, industry and regulatory bodies.
- Build and lead cross-functional collaborative strategies within NRGene’s teams in performing due diligence to assess opportunity potential, feasibility, and risk to achieve shared company goals including enhancing a corporate culture founded on genomics leadership and a commitment to quality and service excellence.
- Assist in the creation of powerful business intelligence dashboards using tools such as Salesforce.
- Support Executive Management team with special projects.
- Work with CSO to develop annual revenue and expense recommendations as part of the budget planning schedule.
Skills and Experience
B.S. in life science (MBA or M.S. or Ph.D. a plus).
10+ years of relevant licensing and business development experience, including identification & validation of strategic business opportunities in the life sciences field, as well as proven track record of relevant completed business development transactions with proven track record from a top consulting firm (Bain/BCG/McKinsey), or blue-chip business development function.
Experience in the molecular diagnostics or life science tools industry required
Experience in contract negotiation and alliance management with a demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement relevant programs and evaluate results in order to achieve positive outcomes required.
Global business experience required.
Ability to structure and manage complex cross-company projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams over a wide variety of functional business problems, connecting the dots between functions.
Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement relevant programs and evaluate results in order to achieve positive outcomes.
Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, yet a “hands-on” attitude with a focus on fast and flawless execution.
Excellent communication skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages making you a great discussion partner.
Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
Passionate about making an impact.