About the Company:
NRGene develops cutting edge genomics big data analysis solutions which are reshaping research & development in agriculture worldwide. Our unique team of highly experienced computational biologists, algorithm designers and software developers, creates novel solutions to help feed the world in the upcoming years. NRGene’s products are already being used by several leading seed companies, animal breeders, and academia. Our pioneering software tools are designed to harness and analyze the massive amounts of data produced by Next Generation Sequencing technologies in a cloud-based affordable, scalable, and precise manner.
The Genomic Solution Specialist will be responsible to identify, discover and expand the customer’s needs for NRGene’s genomic solutions, to enhance and accelerate the company’s solutions adoption in the region. Genomic Solution Specialist (GSS) is expected to be deeply familiar with the company’s technology and products on one hand, and with customers and market needs and trends on the other, to be able to match those as part of the efforts to close business transactions for the company in the region. Furthermore, GSS will assist in training both customers and sales staff and will need to be up to date with all aspects of NRGene’s offering and the market’s needs. The GSS, being a knowledge center, plays an instrumental and pivotal role in NRGene’s success in the region. The GSS will be working closely with various teams in the company (Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, R&D and more) to transfer their knowledge between the company and the market in both directions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support sales with technical discussions and efforts.
- Understanding project-specific requirements, work with sales to build commercial proposals
- Provide counseling services to breeding companies and researchers.
- Participate in scientific conventions, webinars, and symposia to present NRGene’s technology and results.
- Provide product training held online and on-site of the customer.
- Develop grant proposals, and draft project reports for different agencies.
- Continuously build knowledge of current industry trends and technical knowledge and share with colleagues
Education and Experience:
- MS.c./ Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or Genomics / Bioinformatics – a must
- At least 8 years of experience as a molecular breeder in a significant seed company or equivalent
- Expertise in sales support
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
Skills & Knowledge:
- Broad understanding in the field of plant/animal breeding at the commercial, organizational and technical levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal communications, and public speaking skills
- Analytical and organized in mindset and thoughts
- Enthusiastic about having deep conversations with customers to really and fully understand their needs
- A real team player that could work with various internal and external teams and people
- Self-motivated and independent, gets things done!
- Excellent English skills (speaking and writing)
- Works well under tight timelines when needed
Reports to Senior Director of Genomic Solutions
Travel time: frequent travels, including trips to Israel for training
* This job is open for EU citizens and permanent residents only.
COVID-19 considerations: We follow guidelines provided by the local government and health order.
If you want to work with the best, and see yourself fit for the job, please apply here or send your CV to: [email protected]
* This job is open for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only.
NRGene Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to create an inclusive workplace, we will evaluate qualification of applicants without any discrimination. This job is open for Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only.