About the Company:
NRGene Canada is NRGene’s subsidiary in Saskatoon, Canada, providing Canadian partners with NRGene’s cutting-edge AI-based genomic tools, which are reshaping agriculture and livestock worldwide. Their cloud-based software solutions are designed to analyze big data generated by next-generation sequencing technologies in an affordable, scalable and precise manner. Coupled with a genomics lab and on-site capabilities, NRGene Canada is focusing on Canadian specialty crops such as canola, wheat, soybean, cannabis and more, and accelerates their breeding programs to significantly increase crop yield and save time and money for NRGene’s partners.
We are looking for a passionate and multitasker genotyping lab manager.
The Lab Manager will be responsible to set up a new, cutting edge genotyping lab, including development and execution of research initiatives. You will also be responsible for all inventory, equipment and operating an efficient lab genotyping protocols. As part of this role, you will be mentoring lab staff, training lab technicians and assistants.
We are looking for a responsible, self motivated and a team plyer to manage the lab and join our growing Canada team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to set up the genotyping lab and its ongoing operations, including the development and execution of research initiatives that exploit next generation technologies in studies of genetics, genomics, targeted sequencing, genotyping and related efforts.
- Operate and maintain sophisticated research equipment to produce cutting edge data.
- Responsible for calibrating and operating efficient lab genotyping protocols and assists in providing quotes, performing billings, tracking expenses, and maintaining an inventory of supplies and consumables.
- Responsible for purchasing lab supplies, preparing ordering lists and inventory including handling security documents and ensuring that all information and data collected in the lab is kept safe.
- Responsible to hire, train and manage other laboratory technicians on the correct and effective use of platforms and ensuring safety regulation for handling and disposing of test samples.
Skills and Experience
- Master degree/PhD degree (or equivalent) in life sciences or closely related technical field of scientific research.
- 5 or more years of experience working in molecular biology research and analysis laboratories.
- 5 or more years of managing a small team in laboratory environment.
- Experience in setting up a high-throughput laboratory for genotyping/genomics.
- Experience in applying specialized molecular biology techniques and troubleshooting samples and protocols that are both laboratory experiment and equipment related
- Experience in using LIMS, Microsoft office including Word, excel, Power point, email communication and data organization software.
- Experience in developing standard operating procedures and protocols
- Knowledge or experience with laboratory safety, biosafety and decontamination.
- Willingness and ability to work unconventional hours when required, (weekends, after regular business hours and holidays).
Location: Saskatoon, Canada
Start date: Immediately
If you want to work with the best, and see yourself fit for the job, please apply here or send your CV to: [email protected]
* This job is open for Canadian citizens, permanent residents and legal work permit holders of Canada only