About the Company:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting DNA extraction, genotyping and sequencing workflows.
- Developing SOPs and laboratory protocols.
- Performing Laboratory safety guidelines.
- Accountability for general lab maintenance, supplies and equipment.
- Supporting ongoing laboratory operations.
- Development and validation of Molecular markers.
- Participating in expanding lab activities and implementing automations.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor /Master’s degree (or equivalent) in life sciences or closely related technical field of scientific research.
- 2 or more years of experience working in molecular biology research and sequencing techniques.
- 2 or more years of laboratory experience.
- Experience in setting up a high-throughput laboratory for genotyping/genomics.
- Experience in applying specialized molecular biology techniques and troubleshooting samples and protocols.
- Experience in using LIMS, Microsoft office package and data management software.
- Experience in developing standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, biosafety and decontamination.
- Willingness and ability to work unconventional hours when required (including weekends, after regular hours and holidays).
Reports to: Lab manager