- Develop NRGene’s core bioinformatic infrastructure and products.
- Help building predictive genomics models at scale.
- Collaborate closely with other team members of the R&D
- Fluency in Java/Scala, and Python – a must.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Mathematics – a must.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in software engineering.
- Experience with distributed computation (Hadoop, Apache Spark or other) – an advantage.
- Experience with asynchronous / message-based / actor-based architecture – an advantage.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods – an advantage
- Some background in biology – an advantage.
- Solid understanding of OOP fundamentals, functional programming, clean-code.
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies.
- Experience with scalability and performance optimizations.
- Solid understanding of runtime environment: Linux, JVM.
- Basic knowledge of source-control, provisioning tools, monitoring, CI/CD pipelines, containers, and orchestrators.
- Experience with cloud-computing.
- Experience working both in legacy and in greenfield projects.
- Creative and Independent thinker, enthusiastic about solving challenging problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communications.
- Fluent English
Location: Israel (Rehovot)
Reports to Backend Team Lead