About the Company:
NRGene is a Genomic analytics company that provides turn-key solutions to leading academia, research institutes & agribiotech companies. Using advanced algorithmics and extensive proprietary databases, we empower breeders to reach their full potential by achieving stronger and more productive yields in record time. NRGene’s tools have already been adopted by some of the leading agribiotech companies worldwide, as well as the most influential research teams in academia.
We are looking for a VP of Sales individual to lead the company’s global selling efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively lead and help build out a growing sales team with a complex sales process with large institutional life science/food/agriculture genomics companies
- Prospect and close new large top tier food and agriculture companies to meet aggressive sales targets
- Create sales-based incentives and best practices/processes to properly hire and scale the sales team
- Oversee and manage internal sales tools, including our Salesforce CRM platform
- Develop, forecast, and achieve key business metrics to manage against revenue and profitability targets
- Report weekly metrics and progress updates and discuss sales strategy with CCO
- Lead sales visits and negotiations with key strategic accounts
- Assist in developing pricing strategies for buyers
- Deep understanding of sales strategies in the genomics industry and proven experience maintaining long-term B2B partnerships
- Coordinate sales projects across internal and external resources (product development, logistics, sales, market research, consultants)
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong network of food/agriculture industry sales and procurement professionals is a huge plus, but not required.
Skills and Experience
Must have 10+ years of sales experience, part of which must be within a fast-growing startup or company, including 5+ years managing a NA sales organization
Experience selling in the life-science/agriculture/cannabis/biotech industry
Knowledge of genetics is preferred
Successful high growth start-up experience
Strong problem solving and execution skills with an operational mindset
Detailed oriented with a keen eye for accuracy
Strong organizational and follow-through skills, especially following up with multiple teams to get information needed to push deals forward and close
Comfortable organizing, analyzing and presenting sales data to stay on targets
Strong project management and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize and shift focus as needed
Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to write succinct messages and communicate clearly to customers and team.
Tech savvy comfortable working with and learning new applications
Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
Reports to: CCO
Regulation: Working permit in the United States or Canada
Travel time: Frequent Travel