Cannabis & Hemp Breeding Starter Package
Would you like to stack all the best traits in one new variety, but not sure where to begin? Our genetics experts will support you in starting a breeding program, using your own genetics to discover markers you can use to create varieties with the best characteristics. Let us help you create the plant you've envisioned.
PUT OUR EXPERTS TO WORK FOR YOU WITH THE QUICKGENETICS™ PACKAGE!
- Diversity analysis on 50-200 samples to understand the diversity in your population and select the ideal founder lines
- Your NRGene genomics expert will go over the results with you and advise you on which lines may be useful as founder lines for creating your breeding population for targeting traits.
- Receive expert support in designing a breeding program that will enable you to create markers for the traits that are most desirable to your customers or for your production optimization.
- In the breeding plan crafted by you and your NRGene expert, you'll set up the crosses and grow out the next generation of (>200 offspring)
- Phenotype data should be collected carefully for the entire population. The 192 plants that make up a well segregating population, will be selected and used for the identification of the QTLs (Quantitative Trait Loci)
- You’ll define 5 traits of interest and provide phenotype data for the segregating population (multiple phenotypes can be collected and the 5 best and most promising traits will be used for the mapping analysis).
- Up to 10 hours consulting on phenotype data to ensure proper segregation
- NRGene bioinformatic experts will analyze the two parental founder lines and generate a high quality genome assembly (210X coverage) for one parent
- The genome of the second parent and 192 offspring phenotypes will also undergo f genomic analysis for genotype-phenotype association
- NRGene experts will then provide you with the mapped positions in the genome for the beneficial alleles contributing to the trait
- Genetic Map for your founder line
- High Quality phased assembly to Pseudochromosome level of the founder line used at 210x
- VCF file containing all potential sequences which may be used for generating molecular markers by the genotyping method of your choice genotypes) (consultation on choice of genotyping models can be included as part of the bank of support and consultation hours provided as part of this package)